Director, Sustainable Nutrition Affairs
Des Plaines, IL
The Global Sustainable Nutrition Affairs team is dedicated to growing trust in dairy due to its contributions to health and sustainable food systems. To inform and shape the food systems and sustainable nutrition dialogue, the Sustainable Nutrition Affairs team is launching a robust slate of activations with reputational thought leaders (RTLs) and as this dialogue continues, this position will evolve to support dairy farmer priorities and support dairy in sustainable food systems by continued efforts to educate, train and conduct outreach both internally and externally.
Support RTL partner leads in the sustainable nutrition discussion
• Support Sustainable Nutrition Affairs team, including coordination of content for the monthly Research, Insights and Integrated Communications sharing meeting, sustainable nutrition training, Nourish dinner planning coordination
• Coordinate development of sustainable nutrition educational resources that support efforts to inform, educate and engage reputational thought leaders (RTLs) to grow trust in dairy due to its contributions to health and sustainable food systems.
• Support SVP Global Sustainable Nutrition Affairs in key accountabilities and deliverables
Serve as the expert advisor to industry of key dairy-related scientific and health professional developments and the implications to industry’s business
• Serve as National Dairy Council (NDC) Dairy Nutrition consultant for food service, consumer packed goods and NGO partners, as well as NDC and partner’s cross functional teams
• Support the nutrition proposition for, and inclusion of, dairy in the strategic partners’ menu or product offerings
• Build recognition of and support for industry health and wellness initiatives by identifying potential opportunities to showcase strategic partner’s initiatives and/or products with key thought leaders
• Help create and execute research-driven health and wellness initiatives; including thought leader plans, materials and resources
Lead for sustainable nutrition outreach and education content
• Develop sustainable nutrition education resource materials includes translating nutrition and agricultural science and dairy community best practices into a variety of outputs for RTLs—handouts, infographics, webinars, trainings and content for blogs, articles, professional meeting presentations and poster sessions, etc.
• Serve as sustainable nutrition education content resource lead and support for Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy’s Sustainable Nutrition committee
• Lead sustainable nutrition education resource development (turnkey presentations) for national partner activations and the states and regional (SR) network
• Support for International RD network
• Support SR Education working group
Minimum Qualifications For a Candidate
• MS or MEd in nutrition, dietetics, nutrition education preferred
• 5+ years’ experience with experience in nutrition advisement with a food manufacturer (CPG), restaurant chain, retail grocery store chain, or dairy industry organization
• Excellent writing skills for a variety of audiences and education levels; strong communications both orally and written
• Demonstrated expertise in agriculture and food systems, a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft programs—Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams with tight deadlines
• Ability to manage others (consultants) and work with cross functional team members
• Ability to translate complex science into consumer-friendly language
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully work within a cross-functional team
• Proficiency in developing relationships with both thought leaders and industry
• Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 41,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.