Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and operate various systems and components: industrial ammonia, refrigeration equipment, boilers, hot water and steam systems, fire and ammonia detection systems, glycol and compressed air systems and all components attached to the previous systems.
• Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
• Perform routine electrical and mechanical problem-solving on refrigeration and utility equipment.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's).
• Support factory by operating and maintaining industrial refrigeration equipment efficiently and safely.
• Document Work Orders (WO) using Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
• Effectively communicate with Operators, Peers, Supervisors and all levels of management on a daily basis.
• Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Demonstrate Engagement by being a project lead or CVS.
Understand and adhere to Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) Procedures, Confined Space Procedures and all other Plant Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 5 plus years equivalent work experience required.
Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably in Industrial Maintenance Technology or HVAC.
Successful completion of Mars Apprenticeship Program
5 years or more industrial ammonia experience.
Possess a fundamental understanding of Electrical, Mechanical drawings and P&IDs.
Possess a fundamental understanding of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
Possess a fundamental understanding of steam boilers, heat trace, glycol and air systems.
Possess a fundamental understanding of HVAC systems.
Ability to troubleshoot AC/DC Electrical components (up to 480VAC 3 Phase) including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
Willingness to develop required Technical Skills
Possess an advanced understanding of AC/AC Electrical (up to 480VAC 3 Phase), electrical and mechanical drawings and P&IDs in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
Possess an advanced understanding of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems to solve problems in a timely manner.
Possess an advanced understanding of steam boilers, heat trace, glycol and air systems.
Possess ability to lead projects.
Possess an understanding of PLC programs.
Possess an advanced understanding of HVAC systems.
City of Chicago Boiler license or equivalent, Universal EPA Refrigerant license.
Completion of RETA Operator 1 & 2 courses preferred; In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
RETA CIRO certification preferred
Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
• Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
• Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
• Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
• Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift)