Process Engineering Manager
Grecian Delight Foods
1201 Tonne Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Process Engineering Manager
Are you looking for a dare to be great opportunity? Have you been working with processes, TPM and food production equipment? If so, we at Grecian Delight Foods want to talk to you! The Process Engineering Manager will lead the facility improvement functions.
As a key senior member of our operations team, you will be accountable for achieving maximum financial benefit from the plant’s production equipment and fixed assets, in accordance with the operation’s goals and objectives. The role will also provide leadership to the maintenance department to improve equipment reliability and assure the effective use of manpower.
Here is what you are going to be doing:
• Provide strategic oversight and direction of the process improvement functions to ensure operational reliability and efficiency consistent with the needs of the broader organization and to ensure the maximum availability and longevity of assets
• Lead the development and application of preventive/predictive maintenance systems, by tracking machine and equipment failures in the CMMS, and establishing trends, and associated repair, maintenance and downtime costs
• Create and establish controls to manage and improve maintenance team KPI’s
• Design, develop, and manage capital projects to enhance efficiencies, improve performance, and meet growth plans. This includes defining the scope of work, budget, schedule and responsibilities, within cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
• 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment; bakery, meats, and/or sauces preferred
• Solid experience Project Management, managing capital projects and/or continuous improvement programs
• Experience with federal and local compliance programs (USDA/FDA), OSHA, EPA and regulated waste
• Demonstrated ability in preventive maintenance, maintenance planning, TPM, capital project development, cost estimation and management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, and CMMS; strong ability to adapt to new technologies
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Certification in TPM, LEAN Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies is preferred
Employer Contact Information
Grecian Delight Foods, A Pure Mediterranean Foods Company, is located in Elk Grove Village, IL. The company was founded in 1974 by Peter Parthenis, Sr., and is still family held and operated by the Parthenis family.
Grecian Delight is a manufacturer and marketer of top quality Greek and Mediterranean for the foodservice and retail industries. We operate under a system-wide commitment to quality and customer service. As an SQF Level 3 and USDA inspected facility, we maintain the highest standards for product quality and food safety.
The Grecian Delight team is rooted in the Mediterranean and scours the region for the most authentic foods – and we help show you the exciting potential for these items on your menus. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with only the highest quality and most authentic Gyros & Specialty Meats, Pitas & Flatbreads, Tzatziki, Hummus & Spreads and our Mediterranean Specialties like Falafel and Phyllo sweets.
Our bundle of products, services and expertise will help you take your consumers on a culinary adventure. Let us help you capitalize on the Mediterranean opportunity!
Enjoy the very best of the Mediterranean from a family company committed to better eating.