At Farmer’s Fridge, we’re committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you’re passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
About the Role:
In the last year, Farmer’s Fridge has more than doubled in size and we are entering an exciting period of growth and expansion. We need you to help oversee our production operations at our new kitchen facility so that we can meet the increasing demand for our product.
We want you to be a positive leader who can bring your team to optimal productivity. We need a great communicator who can both listen with compassion and speak clearly. You are probably a person who enjoys overcoming challenges and celebrating breakthroughs with our incredible kitchen team! Best of all, because this facility is brand new, this is an opportunity to find creative ways to improve efficiencies.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You understand your goals and know what it will take to achieve them; you're eager to motivate others to because you have confidence in their abilities
- You take pride in doing things right; you know what the rules are and how to work within their parameters to get things done
- People find you easy to talk to because you listen empathetically, aren't judgmental and give sound advice - people trust you
- You're able to deliver negative information in a way that continues to motivate your team
- Others know that you're fair and treat each person with individual respect
- You're a team player and are willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done, whether that’s rolling up your sleeves and chopping greens or recommending strategies to help protect the health and safety of your team and consumers
- Solid background in food production and a passion for our mission
In a typical week, you will...
- Nurture strong working relationships with all kitchen team members and help create a coaching culture by providing regular positive and developmental feedback
- Make sure that all Farmer’s Fridge GMPs, operational guidelines, and quality standards are being followed
- Lead and direct the workflow of all production processes, in collaboration with shift and team leads
- Cross train your team for key skill sets so that there is daily coverage of all responsibilities
- Conduct root cause analysis for any safety or quality incidents or near misses and implement corrective action
- Identify opportunities for improvement and clearly communicate them at team meetings
- Resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action while treating employees with respect
- Cover operators, expeditors, assistant supervisors, and other key positions on shift in times of absence, vacations, and turnover
- 3-5 years of food prep, production or equipment experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- OSHA certifications preferred
- Prior experience participating in incident investigation processes, including root cause analysis and identification for corrective action plans
- Prior experience communicating worker safety rules
- Ability to use MS Office programs
- Bilingual Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Experience with 6 sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, or continuous improvements effort
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Competitive starting salary & room for advancement
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: