Grecian Delight Foods
1201 Tonne Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Supply Chain Manager / Materials Manager
Some may call you Supply Chain, Materials Manager OR Inventory Control, no matter what they call you – we want to call you ours! We are looking for someone who has experience working in Food, Beverage or Consumer Products with perishable items, inventory levels and cost savings.
Our new Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the flow of manufacturing facility materials management function relating to the planning, procurement, inventory, control and distribution of materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Directly responsible for the creation of detailed material plan requirements to optimize customer service levels, inventory, resource utilization, and total supply chain costs. We want to too ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on-time and in full at 100%, but we will say 98% because we know things happen!
This position is critical in the development and management of supplier relationships that are critical to day-to-day replenishment and operation. The role will ultimately be accountable for inventory turns by Category, working in conjunction with Production Room Supervisors and Supply Chain peers to drive results.
If You Have…
• Bachelor’s degree required with 10 years’ experience with progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within food manufacturing, preferably meat
• Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking skills leveraging tools and technology to develop metric for internal performance as well as facility capabilities
• Strong ability to lead and develop a team, Strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams as well as Suppliers
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
• Managerial courage to make tough calls with cross-functional peers to progress project(s)
• Experience with IFS, Advanced Demand Planning, MRP, and Shipment systems
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends
• Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value
• ISM and/or APICS certifications definitely a plus
Employer Contact Information
Grecian Delight Foods, A Pure Mediterranean Foods Company, is located in Elk Grove Village, IL. The company was founded in 1974 by Peter Parthenis, Sr., and is still family held and operated by the Parthenis family.
Grecian Delight is a manufacturer and marketer of top quality Greek and Mediterranean for the foodservice and retail industries. We operate under a system-wide commitment to quality and customer service. As an SQF Level 3 and USDA inspected facility, we maintain the highest standards for product quality and food safety.
The Grecian Delight team is rooted in the Mediterranean and scours the region for the most authentic foods – and we help show you the exciting potential for these items on your menus. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with only the highest quality and most authentic Gyros & Specialty Meats, Pitas & Flatbreads, Tzatziki, Hummus & Spreads and our Mediterranean Specialties like Falafel and Phyllo sweets.
Our bundle of products, services and expertise will help you take your consumers on a culinary adventure. Let us help you capitalize on the Mediterranean opportunity!
Enjoy the very best of the Mediterranean from a family company committed to better eating.